Monday, March 24, 2008

Ariel got us both

I've been tagged as well. Six things most people don't know right? Here goes:

1. Dogs are my favorite animal, but penguins are a close second.

2. My favorite award I've ever won is "nicest boy" in high school.

3. I think toilet-papering is a healthy release of anxiety.

4. I love to dance. I don't know why it's so fun to me and not others but it is. There's just something compelling about the challenge of putting moves to music. Add a girl and and the challenge is doubled. Plus I just like meeting people. I like all kinds of Latin and Swing. I have five 1st places in different swing competitions in the last three years (some big, some small) and the team I coached and love took 3rd at a big college swing challenge in Colorado last year (go Swingcopation!). Cory and I like to dance to all different kinds of music and with all different kinds of people, but a nice slow bluesy dance with my beloved wife is my favorite by far.

5. Cory turned me down the first time I asked her out, but with a little persistence and a name that wasn't her own I finally got a yes out of her. (Thanks Dave for coming that night - I was nervous as heck!)

6. I have three goals left in life: run a full marathon; go sky-diving; and dunk a basketball on a 10' hoop. Oh and have 14 more kids.

I tag Derek, Dan, and Tony (Allie, Heather, and Lace, will you please let them know. Thanks!)

8 comments:

Lace said...

Are you kidding me? Tony reads blogs more than I do, I'm surprised he hasn't done this yet! It will actually be his first post on our blog.

This was fun to read, I love that you guys dance and one day you are going to teach Tony and me.

dawnie said...

I miss you Cory! I enjoyed reading your blog! Your daughter is beautiful! Congrats on finishing your thesis... I am so jealous!

Dawnie

Unknown said...

14 kids huh? you are going to be JUST like Greg's mom!! :) Also I knew you and Greg were a like he too LOVES to go toilet papering!! Hows house in the ward should we hit first??? ha ha ha!

Melani said...

Justen! I can't believe you found my blog! That was a nice surprise. How are you? Your family is beautiful. The other day one of my friends was looking through my high school photo album. She came across some of the choir trip photos and thought they were the funniest pictures. Remember the trip to Oregon? All you guys bought those jackets from the D.I.. I didn't tell her that you guys actually LIKED those jackets. Too funny. You guys were so much fun. Well keep in touch. I'm glad you found me.

Ariel said...

You had me deceived. I always thought that penguins were your favorite animal. At least that is what you said at Sea World.
You are also the nicest guy I know.

alliehoopes said...

Derek can draw people's faces so that they actually look like humans and not mutated alien monkeys.

Derek hopes that when we do have another baby it will be a girl because Lily's just so darn great.

Derek's been to England 5 separate times. Or maybe 6.

Derek wears ugly pajamas.

Derek's brain sucks up weird sports trivia. My family will be laughing about how he probably remembers the score of some game from when he was 8 and then he'll announce it. Not that any of us would know the score, or the teams, or even the sport.

Derek's a good journal keeper.

Melani said...

Justen, I just read your comment on Sarah's blog. Your so funny! It reminded me of high school. You still have your witty sense of humor. :)

Trish Duffin said...

You WERE the nicest guy in High School! I remember at least 2 times you "rescued" me when my dumb blue truck wasn't working! I'm glad to see you doing so well! What a cute family!