Monday, December 15, 2008

The Stork Beat Santa

Labor is rough! Whew! You have to stand there for what seems like eternity and try not to get in anybody's way. You're just like "Come on! Could this take any longer?" I made it through though. Cory did fine too I guess. Of course she had a nice cushy bed so....

Well here's the story. Cory's number one fear in life is natural child birth. I never ever see her take Aspirin or NyQuil or anything for anything, but when it comes to the epidural she's first in line. She made that overly plainly obviously clear to the nurse and her assistant who proceeded not to take Cory seriously when she said she was ready. You can see where this is going right? Cory was really tough though, and tried not to look like a wimp during her early contractions. The nurses finally ran into the room when they heard Cory screaming during the big contractions and were like "Oh my gosh, the anesthesiologist is almost here, just hold on!" But it was too late. Cory couldn't be still enough when she did get there and a few minutes later we had a kid.

In the nurses defense, Cade came pretty darn fast. The doctor was called to come at 12:15 and Cade was born 3 minutes later. The nurses and substitute doctor told Cory not to push until her real doctor got there, but controlling your body isn't actually an option when you're in that much pain. He said it was the first baby he missed since working at this hospital, and felt really bad. Cade just kept saying "Get use to it people, when I'm ready I'm ready!" in so many words.

There are a lot of other details that I'm sure all the ladies would love to hear. You'll have to get with Cory about them. I started to lose focus when my legs began hurting.

Here's what I did get though:
Cade Allen Hansen
7 lbs 8 oz (exact same as Addi)
19 inches (exact same as Addi)
Appearance: almost exact same as Addi
Born 12-15-08 at 12:18 pm. (Naturally induced by pitocin)

So lets give a shout out for Cory - the love of my life - who conquered her biggest fear! Next on her list - a couple of nurses?

25 comments:

Kim said...

Congratulations Cory and Justen--what a woman! (Cory, that is.)

Lace said...

I love it. Cade. What a perfect name. I love it you guys! It almost brought tears to my eyes when I was reading a long and I read his name- he's a little person!
Oh MY gosh Cory!!! I can't wait to talk to you! I bet those nurses didn't realize they will be bumping into you in the halls! But way to go!!! I am just like you- I don't take anything for anything but when it comes to the epidural- YES PLEASE!!!
And Just, I hope you are recovering okay!!! I think that was the besy written post I have ever read!!! Thanks for the quick post! I think you'll be seeing us soon!
Love you guys!!!

Lace said...

I ment to say the best written post...

(Tayvie is helping me type)

Also I failed to mention how incredibly gorgeous cory looks in that picture- now that's just not fair!

Annie said...

Yay!! Congratulations. I can't believe you did it without an epidural, especially when you were induced! Crazy. Way to go, you are stronger than I think I could have ever been. I really do like the name Cade. Cory you look way too good to have just gone through natural child birth.

Tony said...

Congratulations on beating the Doctor! I think everybody wishes they could too

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Wow, a natural birth, very impressive! At least it was fast! I love his name, he is a doll!

Jimmy and Holly said...

Oh yeah! Congrats! I can't wait to see him and introduce Micah to his new playmate! If you need anything just give us a call and we'll be there right away.

Camisha Gollaher said...

Congratulations!!! Way to go Cory. I hope never to experience that, although my fear would be to deliver in 10 minutes, with out a Dr...

Even after all that, you LOOK GREAT!!! Oh, Justen-you too!

Too fun! Maybe you can give me a few pointers on managing two little rascals! Good luck!

Jasmine said...

yea!!!! go cory!!! you just made me a little nervous for my next kiddo. natural birth isnt on my list of things to do. hope to see you guys soon!!! love and miss you!!!

Dawslyn Kay AND Aspen Lee said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!How awesome!!! What a WOMEN you are awesome!! How cool! A family of four congratulations to you on your new little one.

alliehoopes said...

Yep, you deserve a very good Christmas present this year. Congratulations to your cute little family.

Talea Sedgwick said...

Congrats! That's so exciting! I'm sorry Cory had to suffer through it without the epidural. That must have been rough! I'm excited to see more pictures soon!

Adam, Crystal, Riley, Kaitlyn, Eden said...

Congratulations! He is adorable.

Camille said...

YEY! Cory- you are amazing. Way to push that kid out so fast!! He is perfect and Cory looks fantastic! Congrats!

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Congratulations to both of you! And congrats on a successful natural birth! He looks very handsome! We'll be excited to see more picts.

Unknown said...

he is DARLING!!! I wish I could have held him yesterday when I came over. I will get my chance soon enough and I will eat him up!!!

YES and Cory you are the WOMAN! DOes that mean you will have all your children natrually now??? :)

Jenny said...

Congrats! Being a die-hard natural birth enthusiast, I'm thrilled that you made it without the epidural (assuming that you're glad that you did too). Cade looks so cute, hope you guys are feeling well and getting some good sleep!

Clegg Family said...

Congratulations!! What a beautiful baby and cute little family...you are quite the woman, Cory! Keep the updates coming!!

Debbie said...

I'd like to echo all the and compliments people have posted! I wish we could come over and see little Cade for ourselves (and the rest of you too, of course). Congratulations and merry Christmas!

The Comin Family said...

Hey Buddy,
Congrats on the new arrival. I found your blog tonight and just wanted to say hello. It was good to get to see your family. Don't be a stranger. Visit our blog @ cominfam.blogspot.com
By the way this is Kyle Comin an old friend from E-town.

Steve Weller said...

Congrats! Too cute. That's funny that they're both the same height and weight at birth!

Jackson Family said...

Hey!
I didn't even know you guys were pregnant again! Congrats! We just added #2 also, Nov. 17th! Check out our blog!!
www.dhcjackson.blogspot.com

Good to see you guys are doing well!

jfarnsworth said...

Congrats you two! We are excited for you! If you are ever down in the salt lake area, call! I'd love to see you and your cute little family! 801-347-0983

Jocelyn said...

Hi you guys!!!!! Congrats on the new baby! I am way excited for you and I hope everything is going great for you guys! We miss you guys up here!

Seth and Kara Farnsworth said...

I don't know if you'll see this post, but, I am adding your blog to mine. This is Kara Farnsworth-you know, dietetics, the master's project at Wellsville Elementary. Anyway I found you guys through Kylee and I am glad I did! P.S. Cory= my hero.